Combain 5G Positioning Engine
The Combain 5G Positioning Engine is a location calculation engine that enables a 5G Location Management Function (LMF) in Druid Software’s core 4G/5G platform Raemis targeted for Private Networks. The LMF is a cutting-edge solution for precise indoor and outdoor positioning. Utilizing the high-speed and low-latency capabilities of 5G networks, this function provides accurate location information in real-time, making it ideal for a wide range of applications.
5G positioning vs. 4G
The positioning accuracy is vastly improved in 5G with new features defined in 3GPP Release 16. Here are just some of the improvements:
- New positioning methods. 4G mainly is using time difference of arrival (TDOA), while 5G now has added new methods such as uplink TDOA and multi cell round trip time (Multi RTT) removing the requirement for very accurately synchronized base stations.
- Larger bandwidth, 100/400MHz vs 20MHz, reduces symbol time and enhance measured time of flight between base station and device for both TDOA and RTT measurements
- New reference signals have been introduced for 5G, positioning reference signal (PRS) in the down link and sounding reference signal (SRS) for the uplink. These signals provide higher accuracy, coverage and interference avoidance.
- Multiple antennas. There are in 5G support for both angle of arrival (AoA) and angle of departure (AoD) measurements. These are not so accurate in today’s first base station antennas, but with future massive MIMO antennas this will improve positioning accuracy.
Combain 5G Positioning Engine Features:
- Precise Location: The LMF provides accurate location information in real-time, with an average accuracy of less than 1 meter. This makes it suitable for use in indoor and outdoor environments, providing precise location tracking for people, vehicles, and assets.
- Low Latency: With 5G networks, the LMF provides real-time location information with extremely low latency, making it ideal for use in real-time applications such as vehicle tracking and safety alerts.
- Increased Capacity: The LMF has the ability to support a large number of devices and users, making it suitable for use in large-scale deployments such as smart cities, campus networks, and industrial parks.
- Integration with Other Systems: The LMF can, through Druid’s Raemis platform, easily be integrated with other systems, such as inventory systems, existing location-based services, providing a seamless user experience. Combain also offers an IoT asset tracking system, Traxmate, to create a complete asset tracking solution for Private Networks. Read more at www.traxmate.io.
- Global Positioning Option: If the devices are roaming outside the private network, the LMF can seamlessly track all the devices globally using Combain’s global positioning.